Lespeuril® is a dietary supplement containing 200 mg dry extract from Lespedeza capitata with a well-established pharmacological action. It is:
- modern pharmaceutical form
- more convenient to use
- more durable
- does not contain ethanol
- Stimulation of diuresis
- Applicable for mild or moderate conditions of azotemia with urea levels to 50-100 mg / dl (eq. of 17,85 -35,90 mmol / l)
- In cases of mild or moderate renal impairment if renal parenchyma is preserved enough to respond positively to the incentives.
- Significantly reduces the total vascular resistance of the renal afferent and efferent arteries
- Reduces the level of urea
- Increases the volume of urine
- Normalizes acidosis
- Significantly increases renal clearance (16%)
- Retains optimum ratio of serum electrolytes
Lespedeza capitata is a species of flowering plant in the Fabaceae, or legume family, which is not common in Bulgaria. There are over 50 years of experience worldwide with substances, containing Lespedeza.
Lespecapitoside is the main active ingredient. It is a С-glycoside from the group of bioflavonoids.
Lespedeza tropism is selective towards the renal function and flavonoids define its proactive effect on kidneys.
Theory of Harris for hyper metabolism
Harris discovers that with temporary or permanently failing of the nephrons, the compensatory function of the living nephrons creates a significant increase of oxygen consumption. Lack of oxygen is related to the creation of oxidative stress. It is in the foundation of many etiological factors related to the glomerulonephritis.
Lespedeza flavonoids have:
- Powerful antioxidant effect on kidneys
The antioxidant effect depends on the dosage and is accomplished through activation of the enzyme casеpase-3.
The antioxidant effect inhibits the proliferation and induces the apoptosis of the mesangial cells, which have an important role in the process of occurrence and development of inflammation of the renal glomeruli and renal sclerosis.
Otherwise the accumulated oxygen radicals, which cannot be quickly removed, activate the protein kinase C (PKC) and stimulate the renal tubular epithelial cells to release a large amount of extracellular matrix (ECM), which contains fibronectin (FN), laminalin (LN) and colloidal matter, which causes renal fibrosis.
- Effect on damaged nephron tissue
Lescapitozide decreases the overexpression of nuclear factor KappB and increases matrix metallopeptidase 9 (MMP-9) protein expression. The result is a decrease in the extracellular matrix of the nephrons and normalization of their morphology.
The flavonoids are accumulated in the organs and tissues such as blood, liver, kidneys, gall and the duodenum, which directly participate in the transportation, metabolism and excretion of the harmful substances. Once taken, the C-glycosides can be found four hours later in the gall and urine. Lespecapitoside connects with the lower plasma proteins.